Thursday, November 22, 2012

Let us be Grateful!

What a great idea. Take a day, eat a feast, and give thanks for what you have. This year, mom hosted us and it was a celebration. Matheson grandparents joined Vineyards, Kalani, Weston, Collin, Mom, Jerry and us. It was a fun day of hanging out and cooking together. I misread my recipe and mom saved the honey whole wheat rolls, which I loved for leftovers the next week but ignored during the feast because it would take up too much room in my belly. Johnny and I just wrapped up a 21 day cleanse (No Sugar, gluten, corn, peanuts, soy, eggs or dairy) that may or may not have ended in a banana split at the BYU Creamery and may or may not have actually only last 20 days. Regardless, Thanksgiving was our first day back on everything and anything we wanted. What a day! Yummy food and definitely fun company. It was really awesome to watch Vineyards care for the youngest of the Canlas clan. They were good at what they were doing. I am stoked for them to welcome their first child to earth and what the heck does a Vineyard baby look like??? Johnny did some celery crunching in Grandma Jeanne's ear. That comes from trying to trick him into eating kale chips by asking him to crunch them in my ear. That may or may not have been a mistake. He loved the kale chips, but has created a habit of crunching in people's ears...Happy Thanksgiving, people. We have so much to be grateful for. Thank goodness for family, for love and for a warm home to wake up in and for food to eat. Bring on the sugar, gluten peanuts, eggs and dairy. I could go for the rest of my life without fighting for soy or corn, but everything else is definitely back on the menu.












No comments: