Wednesday, October 7, 2009

On a bicycle built for 2.5


Nana, Camille, Katie and I went with our respective offspring into Provo canyon on wheels. Bike trailers made it possible to cart everyone along.

Subway made it possible to hang out in the park longer because we had food to eat. And Duck, duck, goose made it possible to watch our cute boys (and Nana and Katie) run around in circles. That smile makes me melt.

These girls are too cute. She and Afton are obviously shocked at something out of the line of vision of the camera. It looks as if there was some sort of announcement that milk was being taken off the menu. Shocking, but don't worry girls.

The past 6 months has been an experiment in time passing at warp speeds. Remember when you were 13 years old and all you wanted was to be 16 so you could drive or 18 so you could do whatever you wanted, like eat cookies and cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Evelyn's 0.5 mark has snuck up on me. I know she will be a year so soon and it's so exciting knowing that she will just get to be more and more fun.

It's fun to ride on a bicycle every once in a while. Nana is the pro with her 103 mile race being over and finished, but she still rides. There's something about the wind in your face and the leaves changing colors in the canyon and every once in a while sitting up and taking your hands off the bars just to confirm that you can still ride with no hands like when you were 10 years old on your ten speed around the block at dusk on Seymour Johnson Air Force Base.

These legs are way too white for just having finished summer. True confessions of how much time I spend in the tanning bed.

5 comments:

Rach said...

Oh my gosh, you guys are so cute! I love it!!

Katie said...

I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE THE NEW BLOG UPDATE WITH THE GREAT PICS!!

You are so creative and fun Christine, seriously. What's the news with Halloween are you guys going to be in town or not?

Unknown said...

dont you love bike trailers? I love love love my Chariot, its the best thing to take kidlets to see God's great creations in nature:)

Amy said...

That looks like a FUN outing. I bet the weather makes for great outdoor activities. Your kids are so cute and Ev is huge! We also have a bike trailor, but it doesn't get as much use as I'd like.

Camille said...

Totally fun.