Sunday, July 26, 2009

Yeah, that's the good stuff

My friend, Heidi, treated me to a Kenny Chesney concert. What a fantastic gift! It was so fun to go out to eat and catch up on each others' lives and enjoy the concert. Too bad I didn't wear my tube top. I would have fit in a little more.

Yeah, Kenny was great, but I was happy to meet a new band - Lady Antebellum. They signed autographs and shook hands afterward. How darling is that? I am so happy for them that they are living their dream. I know it's their dream because the main singer dude had it tattoo'd so on his arm. "All your life you were only waiting for this moment to arise".

That made me think about when an American Idol winner sang "Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this" and I actually think it's the other way around that people are only willing to wait a moment for a lifetime of wonderful. With our carnal impatience, we sacrifice awesomeness. Being willing to work and sacrifice and wait usually results in good things. God is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him. I truly believe that.

I'm happy because I am living my dream. I love my family. They love me, despite when I'm not my best version of myself. My family helps me to want to be my best self. Thank you, Lady A for a great night of music (wish your set was longer and that the temperature was cooler) and thanks for smiling and shaking hands after and for sporting a tattoo that helped me reflect on truth. It made for a wonderful evening.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Yeah! How fun! Heidi is the bomb!
I would have liked to see the tube top too. I hope you did some shimmies to represent.
I love Lady A's song " I run to you" It's my running motivation these days!