Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I feel like a (young) woman...

We are a brand new presidency called to serve the Young Women in the Lehi Utah 43 ward. I'm excited to try to get know everyone. We've had a lot of fun activities so far and I'm most looking forward to Youth Conference Friday and Saturday, July 17-18. The kids are going to do a day long service project and then a party Friday night. Saturday will be short classes all day where kids can hear from people who have been there and done that - a mini EFY.

This summer, the stake is planning a program to help all the girls get ready for a 5K run/walk in September. There is a meeting tonight at 7 pm at the stake center on 1200 East from Susannah Lew. She will talk about goal setting and tell her experiences from non-runner to marathon runner. I actually saw her last year when I was cheering for my dad and sisters in the Logan marathon. It was awesome to cheer for her, too.

Here we are: From left to right
Christine Covey, Tiffany Riley, Mia Chipman & Joan Hall. This picture is totally unfair. I'm way taller than the picture shows. I'm scrunched down to be close to Tiffany. :) Not that she's short. Just that I'm tall...

Called to serve you. You know who you are.

No comments: