Friday, April 10, 2009

Welcome to Earth

Dear sweet Evelyn,

We love you, sweetheart. You are such a joy to have here instead of waiting for you to come. Not that this pregnancy wasn't a joy - it flew by so quickly because I was working on my prospectus for my thesis. But just that we prefer babies on the outside in this family.

You are officially 24 hours old now and your dad and I have loved spending every minute we can with you. You hardly have cried. You are eating like a champion. Johnny boy did not know what to think of you as he sat on my hospital bed and I was holding you. I think he will adjust well, though because you are so fun to be around.

You have a full head of dark hair. It is gorgeous and was shocking when Uncle Ryan held you up for all to see.


You share a birthday with your uncle beal and she even got to open presents there in your hospital room.

We started off the day with Beepa and birthday breakfast at Kneaders. Don't worry - I ate a few extra bites in your behalf.

We were waiting for the phone call to come to the hospital all day and finally at noon, we checked in and waited and waited and waited. Although the time flew by, we waited for what seemed like a long time. Obviously it was long enough for me to drink plenty of fluids.


You were born at 8:38 pm on Thursday, April 9. They gave me the medicine to induce labor and it took me until 8:30 to be dilated to a ten. Then I pushed a few times and you came right out. You didn't even cry, which worried me at first, but the nurses kept assuring me that it was alright. Your dad looked like a little boy on Christmas morning and was so excited that you were his girl. He can't wait for your hair to be long enough to put in pigtails.




After everyone had welcomed you, you went with your dad to get cleaned up and take your vitals. They scrubbed you really hard, but you didn't cry. Your dad chose red and white ribbons for your hair. (Your mom wore a yellow ribbon in her hair for the delivery to show she wasn't committed to boy or girl, but welcomed whoever came)

You have a dimple on your left cheek. After everyone left last night, your dad and I held you together in the hospital bed and just talked about our wonderful day and how much we love you.

We do love you and we look forward to sharing many more birthdays together. Welcome to Earth, sweet girl.



Love, Mom & Dad

19 comments:

Meg Barry said...

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family.

Megan Sorenson said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both.

MJ said...

That's so sweet! I love all the pictures! I'm glad it was such a great day! She's a little beauty!

Meg and Abe said...

Congratulations, we are so happy for your family. she is so beautiful.

sarah said...

Thank you so much for sharing you day with all of us. Congratulations! Girls are great. Hope to see you guys sometime this summer.

~Sarah, Cedric and Scout

The Lichtie Family said...

That was so fun to read, thank you for sharing! We are so excited to see her, but don't worry - we won't be knocking down the door anytime soon. Enjoy quiet time with her and Johnny. You made me so excited for October!

Girls are wonderful and so fun to make pretty!!

Camille said...

Hooray for Evelyn! Nigel is already saying a version of her name and I think that's a sign of love. He can learn from Nohnny how to be a big brother and we want to hang out with Evelyn a lot so he can practice on his baby girl cousin.

We love you! Congratulations!

Julie Sacks said...

Congrats! She is a doll! I hope you don't have too many sleepless nights a head of you!

Syphus Family said...

Congrats! How exciting! Glad to hear everything went well with the delivery.

Hannah Stevenson said...

What a beautiful day! We are so excited for you guys and little Evelyn is just beautiful. We'll have to have a wienie roast in her honor sometime soon.

Tyler and Rachael said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are so excited, happy and thrilled for you and your family. She is absolutely beautiful.

Julie said...

Congratulations! It was so fun to read about this joyous experience.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Christine Segura said...

Christine, every time I read when you are talking to your child it just makes me cry. You have a sweet little one there and she is just beautiful. What a literal gift from Heaven!!! It couldn't have happened to two more amazing, kind, hard working and just awesome people! The Segura's love you guys! Can't wait to see your girl and I LOVE her name. It's so classic and beautiful.
We always want to see more of her when you can:) see you in June!
Segura family

Amy said...

Oh, I've been checking and checking to see when this post came!!! Congrats!!!! She is adorable, not the ugly, splotchy newborn like my kids have always been. You look, great too Christine. I'm so thrilled for you to have a little girl. They're so fun to dress! I'm so happy for you guys.

Holland said...

i had to come check out your blog. congrats again, and i love your blog. i am jealous at how amazing you look pregnant and cross country skiing at seven months. you are wonder women.

Camille Bennett said...

My eyes are full of tears because I am so happy... what a beautiful little girl. I am so happy for you and so glad that your pregnancy went well and that little Evelyn is here safely. I love you all so, so much. Be sure to relax and enjoy this little one while she is still so small. Love you!

becky comstock said...

Oh Christine she is so beautiful. Congrats! YOu will LOVE having a daughter!

Tawsha said...

I didn't even know it was time for the little tike to be here yet!? Congratulations you guys, she is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE her hair, so cute! =)

Shelley Eggett said...

Christine-

Congratulations - Your little girl is beautiful. It's fun to see your little family on your blog.

Thanks for including me in your e-mail, I was happy to hear that she is here and healthy.

Love - Shelley Eggett (Take home library)