Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Joy of Being a...

I saw a book on a shelf yesterday that was called "The Joy of being a Woman" and I thought, if you have to search for it and define it and write about it so much, it might not be that real. Not that I don't find joy in being a woman, but I hope the author of that book knows real joy. Maybe the book is fantastic, but I'm not going to read it any time soon. I'll tell you what's real joy. Love is real joy. Sacrifice is real joy. Being a parent (from all 3 months of my experience) is real joy because of the before mentioned aspects of real joy.

More pics from the day of Johnny boy's blessing thanks to my amazing brother, Jon Canlas.


2 comments:

Meg and Abe said...

Love the new pics. He is a really good photographer! I love black and whites.

Sarah said...

What an ADORABLE baby!!!! I know Eliza's a little older than him, but how do you feel about an arranged marriage? :)