Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Birthday, Jesus

Happy Birthday to Jesus and Grandpa Rey! April 6 is always a fun day. We just happened to go to Macey's grocery store and they dressed us up like bunnies. Here is the story of my life. Davis goes down for his morning nap at 10:30 and sleeps until 12:30. Because Johnny works from home, I pack up both of the other kids to run an errand or leave one in front of a show and take the other with me. I would never try this with Davie's afternoon nap because by then, little people are potentially more cranky. So, morning nap, it is. It makes errands much more bearable but now that I'm at the end of my pregnancy, I'm significantly less patient. It's hard to chase little people around stores. It makes me tired. It's like some invisible magic switch is flipped. At 34 weeks pregnant, it's cute to watch Evelyn pile the Cheese Nips from the bottom of the display into my cart. At 35 weeks, it's annoying and unbearable. So now I take all of my kids to Beal's house so I don't have to have any children to run after during errands. So if Macey's does a 4th of July face paint, my kids are automatically out of luck. Errands without them are so much faster. Maybe my energy will come back post-partum but my current assessment is that kid-free errands are more enjoyable. For me.


No comments: