Thursday, February 23, 2012

1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, Blue fish

Since we've rocked the little people's worlds (living in a home on wheels, going to a different ward in church every week, living out of various relative's basements, moving into a new house) I decided to make this newest transition exciting by bribing them. Evelyn still cries sometimes and wants to go "home". When I ask her where home is, the answer varies: Nigel's house, Nana's house, the carhouse, Beal's house. With a fenced in backyard, I was seriously tempted to get my children a dog, but the thought of separating them from a beloved animal when we leave again in the carhouse in the fall broke my heart. So we settled on a fish.

His name is...Blue. He is a beta fish. Johnny and Evelyn are awesome at feeding him. I am awesome at changing his water every Saturday as part of household chores. Blue is awesome at eating his food, swimming and pooping. It's a win-win situation all around and has hopefully helped with yet another transition.

No comments: