Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mooder

Chere Mere,

Happy Birthday. I love you so much. I'm grateful that I am a piece of you. I'm proud of that. I'm happy for my childhood. You worked so hard to make birthday breakfasts happen with the cousins and a reverent home on the Sabbath and early morning scripture study and cheer for me at all of my games and Joyschool and you still were a balanced and developing person. You made wedding mints for your friends and hand crafted hearts checkers sets for Christmas gifts and SuzanneWear and inviting a young girl to live in your home while she went to nursing school. You are a good example to me to have projects on the side that keep me engaged and involved. I think often of you and what your life must have been like when me and callie and millie were running around your ankles. Because I have Johnny and Evelyn and Davie running around mine. I honor your strength and your commitment to creating a powerful life where you can do whatever you set your mind to. Thank you for setting your mind to my character and development. I appreciate it. I love you and I'm proud to be your daughter.

Thank you for teaching me about music. You really were my music leader in primary and I know how to enunciate my words. And you took me to see Reba and we took you to see Wynonna. Naomi really didn't sing much, but she is the mother worth mentioning. And every day I'm learning that we can do Anything. anything. Anything. anything. Keep believin' in the power. Of. Love.


Christine





No comments: