Saturday, January 9, 2010

Staycation 2009

Our Staycation 2009 was a blast. Instead of driving up to Montana to snowmobile into Zamm Cabin, we decided to save the 12 hours of driving and stay home. The cool part is that Mom and Dad provided a budget for food and fun while we all camped out at the house.

We went snowmobiling in Heber and then again up the canyon by Sundance. Quite honestly, I more enjoyed the hot chocolate and reading while everyone else snowmobiled and snowshoed around. True vacation to me means being able to read whatever I want to be reading for as long as I want to. Thank goodness Mom supplied all the books. I asked Johnny if I could sit in front of him and read with the cover of the windshield on the snowmobile, but he said no. A good time was had by all, regardless of the activity. We were bundled or cuddled for warmth, so it's hard to tell who is who. Just know that we're all smiling beneath the layers.







You know how they say you go to all the effort to get your child a toy and they end up playing with the wrapping paper longer than the toy? Well, the boys found a toy. I'm not referring to the two year olds it was purchased for. Nana got a huge pirate ship playset for the little boys. But the big boys ended up playing with the pirates for hours. HOURS. I was reading, so I didn't mind at all. They made up a game where you slide the pirate across the table and see how far you can slide him without making him fall off the table. The winners were tied with half a foot off the table. Very impressive.

It was a fun staycation. We watched movies, made yummy food, played card games and had fun. Thanks for hosting us, Nana and Papa.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Ooooh, you guys are so cute! I love all the fun things the John & Kath fam do together!

Amy said...

Man! You guys live my dream of being fun, active, and spontaneous! I'm trying to figure out how to do it, kids and all. Any tips? Looks like a super fun time.