Monday, May 25, 2009

We've got a comedian on our hands

My nephew is so cute. He is a constant source of hilarious comments. For example:

There was a leak in his house and it was stressful because the bathtub on the top floor had overflowed and was leaking into the living room on the main floor. The twins were running around still in their towels and catching the dripping water in their hands and splashing their fingers in the bowls that were catching the water. In an attempt to get everyone to settle down so as not to add to the chaos, I explained, "This is not fun. Let's go sit on the couch, guys."

Perplexed, Isaac looked at me and asked, "How is this not fun?"

Fast forward to carpool day (why oh why did I not take a picture of the SIX children in carseats?) and my Johnny boy was poking his neighbors a little bit too much. So I'm singing verse after verse (FYI all the verses are the same) to How much is that doggie in the window? Arf! Arf! The one with the waggly tale. How much is that doggie in the window? Arf! Arf! I do hope that doggie's for sale. After singing through quite a few times in my futile attempt to distract my son, Isaac looked at me and answered my question.

"I think about sixteen bucks."

No comments: